Day two has been interesting. I dreamt of food all last night. particularly the making and tasting of it. For reasons unknown to me, spaghetti and icing (frosting) were the two big contenders. No idea why and not sure I can analyse it without making myself hungry.
Speaking of hunger. I don't really seem to be hungry today. So far I have only had tea and I was expecting to feel much hungrier. I did juice a bunch of veggies but instead of drinking the juice I placed it, all the pulp from the juicing and some clear organic veggie broth in a pot on the stove. After doing lots of research it seams that broth is okay in this stage of the fast so in another hour or so I will strain off the pulp and have myself some freshly made veggie broth.
ridiculous how good that sounds :)
And now to the gross and most interesting part of fasting - the detox. Being prepared for these helps tremendously in not freaking out and giving up, by the way.
My headache of yesterday has definitely worsened. It could be the breaking of a caffeine habit (or it could be any number of other things) but at any rate it is very real and it sucks. I considered for a brief moment taking Tylenol but then decided that would probably effect the whole 'getting rid of toxins and cleansing the body' idea.
My tongue is covered in a greyish white film. Really it is disgusting. I have already brushed my teeth and tongue several times today but it keeps coming back. Sorry to be so blunt but it must again be part of the detox. Tea seems to help.
My energy is very low. I wouldn't say that I am tired necessarily just a general feeling of weakness and really low energy. I've read this feeling is at its worst on day two so I'm hopeful I will feel somewhat back to normal on Wednesday.
My lower back has been aching a lot since early last night. Muscle pain can be normal during fasting - particularly in those areas of weakness or previous injury. One theory for this is that during the detox the body begins to regenerate new cells including in areas that previously didn't heal well. Not sure what the medical data is that backs this up but it is interesting to consider.
Finally my skin is very oily. I have to say this could actually be a good thing for me because my skin is usually very dry and acne prone. I have recently switched to a natural cleanser for my face and I hope that in a few days it will straighten itself out again.
Well that's the full and disgusting update. Come on back tomorrow for day three of this fasting saga . . . I am sure it gets better. No really. It needs to get better! :)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment