I have to give a little update that I did eventually juice half of my honeydew melon - it wasn't as sweet as I would have liked it so I added an apple and that seemed to do the trick.
Around three pm, I was feeling a bit hungry. Not peckish as I usually am (since most days I am eating something every couple of hours) but actually grumbly belly hunger. I decided to try my hand at a veggie concoction and see if that may be a bit more filling.
Here is what I juiced:
3 very ripe small tomatoes
1 carrot
2 leaves (stem removed) green Kale
1 stalk celery
1 2inch chunk english cucumber
1 quarter small green cabbage
This made a very large glass of veggie juice. The color of the Kale juice was incredible - it was so bright green I felt a small thrill at how healthy that must actually be. The overall drink was kindof an unappealing brownish color but I must say the taste was really lovely! I resisted the urge to add salt but did allow myself a couple drops of Tabasco. YUM. Filling, healthful and fresh.
Now how can juicing ever be considered weird when we can eat things like: Edible oil product, Edible wax, Perfume, Animal by-product, Minced fish parts, MSG, Refined white flours and sugars, Trans fat,Spray vitamins and added colors? Hmmmmmm . . . something to think about!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment