wow. Last night I really crashed. Seriously. I don't know if I didn't get enough juice or what but I felt horrible, sick, shaky, cranky as all get out. I got home from my meeting and looked up some solutions to deox crashing. The best 'solution' according to most fasting websites is to give yourself an enema to 'flush the toxins from our body as quickly as possible'. Apparently this provides nearly instant relief. ew.
The other option was to eat a raw avocado or banana. These fruits slow down the detox, elavate your blood sugar and are a long burn in your system.
I chose the avocado. I cut into small pieces and ate it slowly. And then I took a hot shower. I felt enormous relief.
One thing I have discoverd about myself is that my body 'fasts' very naturally at night (as all our bodies do) It's how I break that fast during the day tha makes the biggest impact. Having tea for breakfast is fine - but I really need to get some juice in my system soon after to avoid those crashing sensations.
btw, I am not lovely when I am sick. I am gross and cranky and not fun to be around. I am hopeful that I start feeling less sick and more like myself soon! Goes to show how much junk we let ourselves ingest in our culture!!
So here is to day four - more juices, lots of hydration and a better outlook!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I am behind you 100% on whatever makes you feel better, but I think this trend to do 'detoxing' is not based in any sort of science, in fact I think it's probably more harmful than helpful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel like you've gotten something out of it, but I feel like the only thing that will help me is a sane and do-able healthy diet, something I can stick with without thinking about it for years to come.
This is a tough journey, because you have to eat everyday, and so every day we have a chance to make wrong choices, but every day we get a chance to start again and try to do better.
Hope you feel better soon!
So, how is it going? Are you still fasting and juicing? Hope you are doing well, whether or not you have chosen to reintroduce solid foods or not. :)
ReplyDelete